Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in Syntax for Modulus of Elasticity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Readers and Moderators of COMSOL,

Hello everyone.
I am using COMSOL 4.a and 4 studying some hygro swelling studies on a particular material.
The syntax on modulus of elasticity ,E, that i would like to input is:

E (MPa) = 0.786T^2 -62.61T+1261

However i encountered so error in inputting the right syntax.
I would like to brought this matter because I don't know how to properly input the proper syntax of the modulus of elasticity as a function of temperature.
I have tried inputting the same syntax shown below into the material property as:

E(0.786T*T-62.61T+1261)[K][MPa]

I just copied this method of inputing the syntax based on the COMSOL tutorial on transient ELBOW BRACKET but COMSOL would recognize it as error.
Please teach me how to input this syntax properly.

I appreciate much if somebody could help me get this right.
Thank you so much in advance.

Jonathan

2 Replies Last Post 16 ott 2010, 05:44 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 ott 2010, 05:15 GMT-4
Hi

if you define E as a function (V4) as

(0.786*(T[1/K])^2 - 62.61*T[1/K] + 1261)*1[MPa]

it should do

the T[1/K] set the operand to unitless, and the *1[MPa] sets the units of the function results

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you define E as a function (V4) as (0.786*(T[1/K])^2 - 62.61*T[1/K] + 1261)*1[MPa] it should do the T[1/K] set the operand to unitless, and the *1[MPa] sets the units of the function results -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 ott 2010, 05:44 GMT-4
Sir Ivar,

Thank you so much Sir Ivar.
I will try your suggestions.
God bless.

Jonathan
Sir Ivar, Thank you so much Sir Ivar. I will try your suggestions. God bless. Jonathan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.