Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Postprocessing curved microfluidics channel for Dean's flow and particle separation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm currently examining particle separation in a curved, 180 degree-turn microfluidics channel, and I'm having trouble with some postprocessing. I feel pretty comfortable with the computation setups, but the postprocessing stuff is still a little new to me. I'm trying to show how well-formed Dean's flow is throughout the channel, as well as how efficient the channel is at separating the two types of particles present.
I think what's troubling me the most is determining which data set to use as a basis of my plots, or perhaps which type of plot I should best use for what I'm looking for? I've been looking into Poincare maps to show the particles at the outlet, I thought perhaps I could show the direction the particles are moving along the plot, which is perpendicular to the flow direction, using an Arrow line. However I'm having trouble getting the arrow lines to show up. Also, I'd love to be able to distinguish the two different particles on the Poincare map, however I can't figure out how to show them as different colors, as they are in the Particle Trajectories (fpt) section of my results.
Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 22 feb 2016, 13:28 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Christopher Foskett

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.