Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two layers reservoir model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to model a two-layer reservoir model. The geometry is in attachment. The reservoir is in the lower layer. The oil is continuously pumped put at a constant flow rate. I'm using Poroelasticity Module, I create a Physic node and this is applied to both the layers; then I assign the materials in Poroelastic material 1, giving to the Fluid material the Oil material previous defined in the Material node. In the Porous elastic material I entered the Domain material.
But I'm afraid that, by doing like this, Comsol "thinks" that the reservoir is also in the upper layer. How can I create the right model? And how can I plot the hydrostatic pressure in order to verify that the fluid is just in the lower layer?

Thank you very much

0 Replies Last Post 5 mar 2016, 07:14 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giulia M.

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.