Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary conditions - dilute species transport

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I am trying to model diffusion from a porous material suspended in water. I have attached a screenshot of the geometry. I need to simulate diffusion from the ellipsoid (polymer) into the surrounding water (transient study), where I have already set a velocity field from a multiphysics coupling with laminar flow. How do I set a continuity boundary condition for concentration between the two domains? I have an uniform initial concentration in the ellipsoid C0 and concentration 0 in the surrounding block. When I simulate these don't change. Which boundary condition should I apply?

Thank you in advance,
Andrea Chatrian

0 Replies Last Post 5 mar 2016, 13:50 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Andrea Chatrian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.