Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

GIS temperature distribution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, ask comsol with thermal and flow fields (laminar flow) how to couple? Specific questions are as follows: gas-insulated GIS enclosed electric device, the current flowing through the heating wire, then thermal diffusion into the surrounding fluid filled sf6 pressure sf6 gas is 0.7MPa, taking into account the gravity of gas, laminar flow. I ask how the two are coupled, and the Joule heat and has a solid laminar flow heat transfer, is a delete, or that reservation?

1 Reply Last Post 27 ott 2016, 03:12 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello vin Ga

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 27 ott 2016, 03:12 GMT-4
Hello Vin Ga ;

I worked on a similar model before , unfortunately i cant attach it.
first of all u need to make sure that the material properties you are using (SF6) is a function of Temperature/Pressure.
2nd; start the physics one by one , try first the EC ( electric current ) alone then add the ht ( heat transfer in fluids ) . to couple between ec and ht , use the multiphysics node automatically provided by COMSOL , then add temperature coupling and the heat source which u would like to include .
later add the flow , and add the temperature coupling and flow coupling from the multiphysics node.

i hope this will be helpful.
Hello Vin Ga ; I worked on a similar model before , unfortunately i cant attach it. first of all u need to make sure that the material properties you are using (SF6) is a function of Temperature/Pressure. 2nd; start the physics one by one , try first the EC ( electric current ) alone then add the ht ( heat transfer in fluids ) . to couple between ec and ht , use the multiphysics node automatically provided by COMSOL , then add temperature coupling and the heat source which u would like to include . later add the flow , and add the temperature coupling and flow coupling from the multiphysics node. i hope this will be helpful.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.