Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convective cooling in COMSOL 5.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am trying to learn COMSOL modelling by designing a simple block to study joule heating. There are certain videos available describing the joule heating in a fuse on a circuit board, I have been following this one in particular (www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0eXEPP9Aao&nohtml5=False) but my COMSOL interface looks different than this one and it doesn't allow me to access 'Convective cooling' through the Joule heating module. I have tried searching in the search bar but only convection-diffusion shows up which I don't think I need.
Any suggestions on how to add convective cooling to my model?
Please let me know if more details of the model are required.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies Last Post 15 apr 2016, 10:06 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 15 apr 2016, 09:07 GMT-4
Hi there,
In version 5.2, select the "Heat Flux" boundary condition instead and in the corresponding Settings window check the "Convective heat flux" radio button.
Best,
Jeff
Hi there, In version 5.2, select the "Heat Flux" boundary condition instead and in the corresponding Settings window check the "Convective heat flux" radio button. Best, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 15 apr 2016, 10:06 GMT-4
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for replying. I figured it out.

Cheers!

Hi Jeff, Thanks for replying. I figured it out. Cheers!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.