Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Studies Loop with Comsol or Matlab?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello colleagues,

i want so simulate the material removal which includes two big different time scales.
My approach is to simulate in the first study the fast physical phenomena (electrical pulse + vibration, timescale is about 0.02 s) and in the second study a slower physical process (removal, timescale about 10s)

In my first study i simulate an electrical pulse and an oszillating cathode and from that i can compute an average removal speed at the anode within the very short time (0.02s)

Then i start my second study with a deformed geometry (displacement = average speed*time) and after e.g. 10s i have a new geometry as a result of the electrochemical machining.

And now my problem:
How to implement an automatic loop/sequence in Comsol which solves the problem (Studiy1-->Study2-->Study1 with new geometry --> Study2 --> Study 1--> and so on) for a defined number of steps?
Or is it only possible to do it with using of Matlab?

I hope somebody of you have experience in such multiscale/ multitime problems and can hap me.

Thanks and greetings
Ingo

0 Replies Last Post 26 apr 2016, 11:41 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ingo Schaarschmidt

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.