Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle Tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm currently computing trajectories of charged particle, which should be effected by a "Synchronous Ion Shield". A "Synchronous Ion Shield" is a time dependent electrical field, caused by potential of several electrodes. Each electrode is controlled by a rectangular, periodic function.Thus all electrodes got a rectangular, time dependent potential curve. Every second electrode is controlled by rectangular, time dependent potential curve with a phase change of 180°. Therefore only electrons with a certain velocity should pass the Synchronous Ion Shield. I set range(0,5.0e-9,5.0e-8) at release date to observe, which particle is able to pass the Shield without any interaction with the electrical field. But none of them passed. The velocity of the charged particle ist matched to the frequency of potential curve, so that the particle should pass the Filter.

Can anyone help me please?

0 Replies Last Post 5 mag 2016, 12:43 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hans Lamda

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.