Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

load torque in Line start permanent magnet synchronous motor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone.
Im got my LSPMSM motor working fine but i wanna add a load torque to my motor and i really don't have idea how to add it. Im using 2d model with rotating machinery magnetic. I read some thread about it but i can't find answer for my question.

2 Replies Last Post 23 mag 2016, 12:47 GMT-4
Nirmal Paudel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 23 mag 2016, 11:35 GMT-4
Hi Marek,

You can add the rotor dynamics equations using a Global ODEs and DAEs interface. In the same equation, you could include the Load Torque as shown in the attached image, where T_L is the load torque and Tm is the electromagnetic torque. Usually Tm is calculated from the Rotating Machinery, Magnetic interface.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Nirmal
Hi Marek, You can add the rotor dynamics equations using a Global ODEs and DAEs interface. In the same equation, you could include the Load Torque as shown in the attached image, where T_L is the load torque and Tm is the electromagnetic torque. Usually Tm is calculated from the Rotating Machinery, Magnetic interface. Hope this helps. Best Regards, Nirmal

Posted: 8 years ago 23 mag 2016, 12:47 GMT-4
Nirmal thanks for your help i will try add the equation to my project.
I have one more problem with heat transfer in solids. I want to add to my project heat transfer it was my main exercise but i don't know really how to do it. I used electromagnetic heating/jules heating. I set up heat sources, and temperature of external boundary and my motor got 273k degree
Nirmal thanks for your help i will try add the equation to my project. I have one more problem with heat transfer in solids. I want to add to my project heat transfer it was my main exercise but i don't know really how to do it. I used electromagnetic heating/jules heating. I set up heat sources, and temperature of external boundary and my motor got 273k degree

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.