Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How do I extract the gradient at a specified location?

Ruwani Wasalathanthri

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm new to COMSOL. I tried to use COMSOL to solve Fick's second law, Ct=Cxx, for a 1-D geometry using the coefficient form PDE. Once I have C, which is a function of x and t, I'd like to plot the gradient of C at x=0 as a function of time. Is there a way to specify Cx at x=0?

Thanks,
Dai

1 Reply Last Post 31 mag 2016, 10:16 GMT-4
Ruwani Wasalathanthri

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 31 mag 2016, 10:16 GMT-4
I got it. I needed to do a "Point Graph", which would let me select a boundary point as my domain of interest, rather than a "Line Graph", which selects the entire line segment. I'm starting to get familiar with COMSOL.
I got it. I needed to do a "Point Graph", which would let me select a boundary point as my domain of interest, rather than a "Line Graph", which selects the entire line segment. I'm starting to get familiar with COMSOL.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.