Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Different geometry dimensions of the same entity in a two-component model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am modeling influence of heat transfer on the optical properties of photonic structures.
While the initial task of heat transfer is performed in 3D geometry, the properties of interest is studied in the cross-section of the 3D entity. The geometrical parameters are specified in the global definition section.

I use heat transfer physics to get known the temperature distribution over a box volume. Also, I add working plane in the position of interest to search for eigen-modes further.
After that, I add 2D electromagnetic physics. In the resulted component for electromagnetics, in Geometry, "Cross section" element is added with working plane specified previously.

However, it turns out that the dimenstions of the 2D cross-section of the entity is greater by 3 order of magnitude, so that instead of a mm-scale in 2D I have a um-scale. I wonder, that may be the problem with this? Could you, please, give me a hint?

0 Replies Last Post 14 giu 2016, 09:41 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mikhail Saygin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.