Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Looped Electro Thermal Simulation in the Frequency Domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I'm currently trying to perform an electro-thermal simulation, where I calculate the average joule heating in the frequency domain and use this result in a time dependent study calculating the heat distribution.
To improve my results, I introduced a for loop inside my solution and iterate between these two steps. Such that the execution flow looks like:

Step 1: Freq domain (ec) (only initializes a solution)

begin for
Step 2: Freq domain (ec)
Step 3: Time dependent (ht)
end for

Now I want to update the simulation time for step 3 depending on the parameter of the current iteration. Furthermore, I need to decrease the applied current (still sinusoidal) depending on the current simulation time. Is there a way to access these variables? I'd rather try to avoid matlab for license reasons. But if needed, I can use it.

Thanks in advance.
Philipp

1 Reply Last Post 15 giu 2016, 03:27 GMT-4
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 15 giu 2016, 03:27 GMT-4
Dear Philipp

COMSOL has a special built-in functionality for exactly that type of problem. It is called study type "Frequency-Transient". There is little need for manual work because the necessary updating steps are already built-in.

You find a tutorial that uses it here:
www.comsol.ch/model/inductive-heating-of-copper-cylinder-148

Additional information can be found here:
www.comsol.ch/search/?s=%22Frequency-Transient%22&subset=blog

Best regards
Sven Friedel
Dear Philipp COMSOL has a special built-in functionality for exactly that type of problem. It is called study type "Frequency-Transient". There is little need for manual work because the necessary updating steps are already built-in. You find a tutorial that uses it here: https://www.comsol.ch/model/inductive-heating-of-copper-cylinder-148 Additional information can be found here: https://www.comsol.ch/search/?s=%22Frequency-Transient%22&subset=blog Best regards Sven Friedel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.