Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with imported BH curve

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I'm pretty new to Comsol, but I think I already understand at least the basics ;)

I've got a working simulation file of a magnetic coil. The used material is not from the included library but modified using an external BH curve of the iron. Now I tried to modifie the material using other BH curves I found on the Internet. I didn't change anything on the geometry, I only deleted the old BH data and imported the new data. I got the new BH curves from www.femm.info/wiki/softmagneticmaterials.

Now I always get errors like:

"No solution found.
Divergence of linear iterations.
Solution does not converge." (Translated)

or

"No soluton found.
Maximum number of Newton-iterations reached.
Solution does not converge." (Translated)

Does anyone of you have an idea what could help solving my problem?
I'd appreciate any hint.

Greetings
JO

EDIT: Topics added

1 Reply Last Post 15 ago 2016, 06:45 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 15 ago 2016, 06:45 GMT-4
Hi,

If you have imported new data, you might want to revisit the boundary conditions. That might be causing the non-convergence.

Best,
Mahvash
Hi, If you have imported new data, you might want to revisit the boundary conditions. That might be causing the non-convergence. Best, Mahvash

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.