Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface integration of current on a cut plane

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,
I am trying to integrate the current density norm on a serpentine like metal resistor film as shown in the attached figure. Using quick planes, I can change the location of the plane but I do not wish to cover the entire simulation area (like the dashed line representing the cut plane), instead I wish to define a cut plane with a restricted x and y-coordinate (like the small solid line) so that I can integrate the current density on one arm of the serpentine like resistor. Is it possible to restrict the area of the cut plane?

Thanks in advance!

-Ozan

1 Reply Last Post 17 ago 2016, 04:45 GMT-4
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 17 ago 2016, 04:45 GMT-4
Is it possible to restrict the area of the cut plane?

You can achieve this effect indirectly: Suppose that you want to evaluate a cut plane that points to a solution data set. Create a copy of the solution data set and add a Selection to it. Choose a selection that restricts the cut plane in the way that you want. You should probably create the selection first (in the geometry sequence or under Definitions). Now let the cut plane use the solution data set with the selection instead of the original solution data set.

[QUOTE]Is it possible to restrict the area of the cut plane?[/QUOTE] You can achieve this effect indirectly: Suppose that you want to evaluate a cut plane that points to a solution data set. Create a copy of the solution data set and add a Selection to it. Choose a selection that restricts the cut plane in the way that you want. You should probably create the selection first (in the geometry sequence or under Definitions). Now let the cut plane use the solution data set with the selection instead of the original solution data set.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.