Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Defining Temperature for Fluid in Channel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to model a system where I have two parallel channels each containing fluid at different temperatures. I want to establish a thermal gradient between the channels.

I can't seem to be able to define the temperature of the fluid using the conjugate heat transfer module, only boundaries. Then my question is, is it more appropriate to set my temperature condition along the walls of my channel or only the inlets?

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 26 ago 2016, 18:47 GMT-4
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 26 ago 2016, 18:47 GMT-4
Hi Daniel,

You can impose the temperature on the fluid domain using a Weak Constraint or a Pointwise Constraint but it’s not physical. I suggest you impose the fluid temperature at the walls or inlets, depending on what’s more realistic for your problem.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Hi Daniel, You can impose the temperature on the fluid domain using a Weak Constraint or a Pointwise Constraint but it’s not physical. I suggest you impose the fluid temperature at the walls or inlets, depending on what’s more realistic for your problem. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.