Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Smoothing intermediate results?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

My problem has to do with using heat transfer coefficient correlations and "noise" in the solutions. In general the solutions seem correct physically, but they are very "jagged(see attached)." I believe this is causing problems with convergence when I try to apply more complicated HTC correlations. This "jaggedness" persists even when the mesh is refined.

Is there a way to smooth intermediate solutions? By intermediate solutions I mean the solution passed from one iteration to the next.

I saw a post about this from 2010 (www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/8396) but didn't find any suggestions at the time.

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

0 Replies Last Post 25 ago 2016, 16:42 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bryan Burk

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.