Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to show 3D profile in 2D?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hai friends,
Can you please give an idea how to show the 3D image of the simulated velocity profile of fluid flow in the channel in 2D ?

2 Replies Last Post 2 set 2016, 03:33 GMT-4
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 years ago 1 set 2016, 08:22 GMT-4
Sudha,

Use Height Expression option, as shown in the attached image.

Regards,
Sergei
Sudha, Use Height Expression option, as shown in the attached image. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 8 years ago 2 set 2016, 03:33 GMT-4
Respected Sir,

Thankyou for your response. I have tried as you have suggested. But it doesnt works. Indeed it takes the full area of the geometry. I have attached the profile for your reference. It is the segment of the circle cut using CAD and then we have imported in comsol to reduce time consuming. The channel is constructed btween two concentric circles and velocity profile of the fluid is generated in 3D. I need to show the only the profile of channel alone in 2D instead of showing in 3D as small image. Need to see the channel profile clearly in 2D.

Expecting your kind help.
Respected Sir, Thankyou for your response. I have tried as you have suggested. But it doesnt works. Indeed it takes the full area of the geometry. I have attached the profile for your reference. It is the segment of the circle cut using CAD and then we have imported in comsol to reduce time consuming. The channel is constructed btween two concentric circles and velocity profile of the fluid is generated in 3D. I need to show the only the profile of channel alone in 2D instead of showing in 3D as small image. Need to see the channel profile clearly in 2D. Expecting your kind help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.