Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using Moving Mesh to export a geometry

Nicholas Goldring Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I would like to use moving mesh along with heat transfer in solids and solid mechanics in order to create an exportable geometry that I can then use in another solid mechanics study. In this model specifically, I would like to apply my heat load with my fixed constraints in solid mechanics and then use the moving mesh study to be able to export the subsequently deformed geometry. Once I can export this geometry, I would then like to run it through another solid mechanics study where I bend the model back in to shape if you will. Unfortunately, I keep running in to errors with the moving mesh added in. It can't solve when I ask the prescribed mesh displacements to be u, v, and w for x, y, and z. I've looked up the matter extensively but can't find any solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I attached the model with cleared solutions below.

1 Reply Last Post 16 set 2016, 11:23 GMT-4
Nicholas Goldring Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 16 set 2016, 11:23 GMT-4
Wouldn't let me attach file in original post
Wouldn't let me attach file in original post

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.