Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

rolling sliding contact

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to create a model in time dependent study. My model include a cantilever beam and a ball with no contact in initial moment. A ball located in the tip of the beam, it was applied a harmonic displacement and then it is going to approaching and contact of the tip of the cantilever beam. So, in this case how could I define the contact boundary condition of the cantilever beam and the ball.

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 29 set 2016, 09:17 GMT-4

Posted: 8 years ago 29 set 2016, 07:52 GMT-4
Dear Thien,

Maybe the following model can help you : www.comsol.com/model/adhesion-and-decohesion-of-indenting-ball-42421. It describes the way to use an adhesion condition between a ball and a membrane.
Dear Thien, Maybe the following model can help you : https://www.comsol.com/model/adhesion-and-decohesion-of-indenting-ball-42421. It describes the way to use an adhesion condition between a ball and a membrane.

Posted: 8 years ago 29 set 2016, 09:17 GMT-4
Thanks for your information
Thanks for your information

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.