Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to evaluate the derived value for a parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have been running a batch mode simulation for a parametric sweep. The simulation was running on a cluster with 10 nodes. I think the simulation was running fine since the log file showed nice progress.

Since last week, I encountered some error of stating "Unable to use old solution format - you need to recompute the solution." "Wrong number of DOFs in linearization format". I have been running with same physics and study and everything used to run fine. There have been some attempt from our IT group to update the Comsol 5.2 to 5.2a. However, due to some compatibility issues, they rolled back to 5.2. I am not entirely sure if this error links to the attempted upgrade.

I wish I could share more details on the error, unfortunately, I can not post my mph file due to confidentiality.

Have anyone seen similar errors before? Can someone give me a hint on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Jianchun

1 Reply Last Post 27 mar 2017, 17:16 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jianchun Dong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 27 mar 2017, 17:16 GMT-4
Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. Did you find a solution?

I would really appreciate any help.
Hello, I am having the exact same problem. Did you find a solution? I would really appreciate any help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.