Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to create a twist blade in comsol, like in comsol static mixer particle tutorial.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

They haven't given the geometry details, how can i create this model with my own dimensions. I need to make the twist blade like in the figure, please help if anyone knows how to create it.

JazakAllah

1 Reply Last Post 12 ott 2016, 15:57 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 12 ott 2016, 15:57 GMT-4
Hello Fahmi,
In the laminar static mixer model, the geometry of each blade is obtained by an extrusion with a 30 degree twist angle. See the mph file for the exact details.
More complex blade geometries can be created in other ways such as by lofting using the Design Module, see www.comsol.com/design-module and in particular this image cdn.comsol.com/products/design/impeller_collage_1024x835.png
Best,
Jeff
Hello Fahmi, In the laminar static mixer model, the geometry of each blade is obtained by an extrusion with a 30 degree twist angle. See the mph file for the exact details. More complex blade geometries can be created in other ways such as by lofting using the Design Module, see www.comsol.com/design-module and in particular this image https://cdn.comsol.com/products/design/impeller_collage_1024x835.png Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.