Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mems based high Q resonator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

sir

i want to know why high Q is nessary in resonators and which type resonators will gv high Q at high freq(GHz)

generally disk resonator gives high Q around 11500 other then that

and which type couple field analysis we should use.

and how we can increase the quality factor

3 Replies Last Post 18 ott 2013, 03:52 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 gen 2011, 02:12 GMT-5
Hi

well for me your question is the quest of most "resonator" engineers, there is no one answer anyhow. But I can just remind you that Q is related to damping and damping is in my view one of the most difficult thing to model correctly, because there are many physical phenomena that bring damping, including the "numerics" and sometimes the solvers themselves

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi well for me your question is the quest of most "resonator" engineers, there is no one answer anyhow. But I can just remind you that Q is related to damping and damping is in my view one of the most difficult thing to model correctly, because there are many physical phenomena that bring damping, including the "numerics" and sometimes the solvers themselves -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 gen 2011, 02:22 GMT-5
thank u sir for ur reply

sir as you said Q is related to damping and which is difficult to model,
sir can u reply what r the different physical phenomena that bring damping, including the numerics and sometimes the solvers .
thank u sir for ur reply sir as you said Q is related to damping and which is difficult to model, sir can u reply what r the different physical phenomena that bring damping, including the numerics and sometimes the solvers .

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 ott 2013, 03:52 GMT-4
hi,Ivar
if i just consider the air damping ,could you just give me an example?
hi,Ivar if i just consider the air damping ,could you just give me an example?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.