Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupled interface between two coeff. PDEs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

A question while using COMSOL v5.0 PDE module.

The case is, in PDE module, I have to define two coeff. PDEs with different number of variables for different domains, say, PDE1(u,v) for domain1 and PDE2 (w) for domain2. Between their boundary, I want to introduce a BC which can conntect both variables in a certain way. The case described here is very similar to the 2D Acoustic-Solid Interaction module( displacements: u and v for solid, pressure: p for acoustics, and connected by a acoutstic-solid BC) . The problem is that I don't know how to introduce this type of BC in PDE module. I've made some trials such as defining two Dirchilet BC under both PDEs, but all my trials are failed. Thus, did anyone face the same problem? or even solve it?

Looking forward to seeing any response.

YT

0 Replies Last Post 19 ott 2016, 10:42 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yao-Ting Wang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.