Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Finding impedance between two terminals?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I have a simple coaxial structure with four electrodes placed in a line. I apply a voltage to the outer two terminals by:

T1: 0.5*sin(2*pi*es.freq) *(outer left)*
T2: -0.5*sin(2*pi*es.freq) *(outer right)*
(The inner two conductors are both Charge Terminal Type with 0 C and 0 V)

I'm using the ES physics. Now I'd like to find the impedance across these two inner terminals. Currently, I can only solve for V, I and Q at the terminals. I do (es.v0_3 - es.v0_4)/(es.I0_4) to find Z, but get an error because es.I0_4 is 0A.

How can I find Z?

Thanks in advance

0 Replies Last Post 30 nov 2016, 16:34 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jamie Lake

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.