Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot on certain domain or boundary only

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to ask how to plot quantity on the desired domain only. When I chose Surface plot or Volume plot, COMSOL always draws the quatitoes on every domain or boundary in the component. I can use multislice, but it is inconvenient because its just display on orthogonal plane.

Hope someone can hlep

4 Replies Last Post 14 gen 2017, 06:44 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 13 gen 2017, 05:41 GMT-5
Hi,

You can either add a Filter node to the plot, or a Selection node to the data set.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, You can either add a Filter node to the plot, or a Selection node to the data set. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 7 years ago 13 gen 2017, 08:03 GMT-5
Thanks very much for reply.

I add Selection node to the Data set. My plot now look very neat and tidy. But I can not add many Selection node. I want to draw electric field out side metal and current inside metal. is it possible?
Thanks very much for reply. I add Selection node to the Data set. My plot now look very neat and tidy. But I can not add many Selection node. I want to draw electric field out side metal and current inside metal. is it possible?

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 13 gen 2017, 11:14 GMT-5
Hi,

Solution 1: Copy the data set and use another selection on the copy. Use two plots with different data set selections in the same plot group.

Solution 2: Do not use the date set selection at all. Instead, use two plot nodes with different Filter subnodes. The syntax for using only say boundary 6 in a surface plot is 'dom==6' in the logical expression.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, Solution 1: Copy the data set and use another selection on the copy. Use two plots with different data set selections in the same plot group. Solution 2: Do not use the date set selection at all. Instead, use two plot nodes with different Filter subnodes. The syntax for using only say boundary 6 in a surface plot is 'dom==6' in the logical expression. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 7 years ago 14 gen 2017, 06:44 GMT-5
The second solution is very convenient. Thank you very much for your guide.
The second solution is very convenient. Thank you very much for your guide.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.