Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laminar Flow Module Fluid Properties Input

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am using the Laminar Flow Module to simulate convection in an annulus.
I do not understand completely the impact of the "Input Temperature" of the Laminar Flow Node found in

"Laminar Flow -> Fluid Properties -> Model Inputs -> Temperature".

When I set a constant temperature my model is converging. As I have solid domains around my annulus I can set the Heat transfer's domain's temperature as my input temperature instead (ht) and also I can set the Temperature of my non isothermal flow in that annulus as my input temperature instead (nitf1).

However, when I set either ht or nitf1 as my input temperature of "Laminar Flow-> Fluid Properties-> Model Inputs -> Temperature" my model does not converge anymore. As I do not understand the real meaning of this temperature I cannot see why. Maybe the answer is really simple so please let me know if anyone has an idea.

It would be helpful if someone could explain the meaning of this input temperature for this 3 cases (constant T, ht, nitf1).

Best regards
Jan

1 Reply Last Post 25 gen 2017, 13:07 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 25 gen 2017, 13:07 GMT-5
Make sure you have solid node in heat transfer node for solids. In laminar flow node keep only flow domain.
Make sure you have solid node in heat transfer node for solids. In laminar flow node keep only flow domain.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.