Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heating fluid with laser ray

Mohamad Barekati Goudarzi

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to simulate a system with N2+SF6 gas flow under laser irradiation. SF6 can be considered as an absorbent for laser ray due to its molecular size. I am wondering what model is available for this case if there is any.

2 Replies Last Post 16 feb 2017, 18:07 GMT-5
Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 16 feb 2017, 17:32 GMT-5
Hello Mohamad,

Although it is not completely clear what kind of model that you want to make, in general if you're speaking of heating due to laser irradiation, there are several possible modeling approaches that may be appropriate, described here:
www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-laser-material-interactions-in-comsol-multiphysics/

In particular, it is possible that is is what you are after:
www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-laser-material-interactions-with-the-beer-lambert-law/

Best Regards,
Hello Mohamad, Although it is not completely clear what kind of model that you want to make, in general if you're speaking of heating due to laser irradiation, there are several possible modeling approaches that may be appropriate, described here: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-laser-material-interactions-in-comsol-multiphysics/ In particular, it is possible that is is what you are after: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-laser-material-interactions-with-the-beer-lambert-law/ Best Regards,

Mohamad Barekati Goudarzi

Posted: 7 years ago 16 feb 2017, 18:07 GMT-5
I am trying to model the temperature profile as a results of laser radiation being absorbed by SF6 gas. There is no solid object olinvolved in this model and the heat is basically generated by SF6 gas when it comes into contact with laser. I hope it clarifies the problem.
I am trying to model the temperature profile as a results of laser radiation being absorbed by SF6 gas. There is no solid object olinvolved in this model and the heat is basically generated by SF6 gas when it comes into contact with laser. I hope it clarifies the problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.