Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Some simple simulations of waveguides

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Comsol users!

I have made some simulations of waveguides for a field theory lesson at the University of Vaasa. The work can be found at: lipas.uwasa.fi/~mave/Aaltoputket/index.html

Texts are in Finnish but the pictures and animations are universal ;)

Regards,
Jari

4 Replies Last Post 1 nov 2009, 03:46 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 ott 2009, 14:47 GMT-4
Good Work!! It would be great if you can give a detailed description of the modeling procedure in English.
Good Work!! It would be great if you can give a detailed description of the modeling procedure in English.

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 ott 2009, 17:26 GMT-4
Thanks! :)

The picture on the front page is actually a link to a video of the modeling procedure. Direct link to the file: lipas.uwasa.fi/~mave/Aaltoputket/Video/Demo_TE10.avi

From the video it should be quite apparent how to change the geometry, wave modes and frequencies to get the other animations as well.

Also the simulation files can be downloaded from the link at the right hand side of the front page: lipas.uwasa.fi/~mave/Aaltoputket/files/Comsolmallit.zip
Thanks! :) The picture on the front page is actually a link to a video of the modeling procedure. Direct link to the file: http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~mave/Aaltoputket/Video/Demo_TE10.avi From the video it should be quite apparent how to change the geometry, wave modes and frequencies to get the other animations as well. Also the simulation files can be downloaded from the link at the right hand side of the front page: http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~mave/Aaltoputket/files/Comsolmallit.zip

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 ott 2009, 17:46 GMT-4
Also try Google Translate. It is not perfect but it may help in combination with the images & video.
Also try Google Translate. It is not perfect but it may help in combination with the images & video.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 nov 2009, 03:46 GMT-5
Hi

Looks nice, will have a closer look.

Now just to tease you, if you had written it in English (still not too late) you could use it for a training course in RF with COMSOL or publish it on the Model Exchange, you still can, but you are restrained to Finland.

This open's up the important and delicate question with Internet and international exchanges how to protect your local language, and we all should work for that too.

I have solved it, for me, by managing half a dozen in reading, but unfortunately only a few correctly in writing.
Finish is not on the list, good occasion to start, and I know where to search for help, we have 34 nationalities in the staff at work including at least one from Finland, a good example of multi-lingual and inter-national collaboration, and this is great, this broad range of people with their respective trianing opens up the mind and gives the opportunity to see new solutions that a "single-national" company would pass over not even detecting them.

I'm convinced that "mono-culture" is not "l'avenir", we must keep our specificities, but be open-minded to the others. Google or MS translation is a first step to help.

Thankis for the link
Ivar
Hi Looks nice, will have a closer look. Now just to tease you, if you had written it in English (still not too late) you could use it for a training course in RF with COMSOL or publish it on the Model Exchange, you still can, but you are restrained to Finland. This open's up the important and delicate question with Internet and international exchanges how to protect your local language, and we all should work for that too. I have solved it, for me, by managing half a dozen in reading, but unfortunately only a few correctly in writing. Finish is not on the list, good occasion to start, and I know where to search for help, we have 34 nationalities in the staff at work including at least one from Finland, a good example of multi-lingual and inter-national collaboration, and this is great, this broad range of people with their respective trianing opens up the mind and gives the opportunity to see new solutions that a "single-national" company would pass over not even detecting them. I'm convinced that "mono-culture" is not "l'avenir", we must keep our specificities, but be open-minded to the others. Google or MS translation is a first step to help. Thankis for the link Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.