Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

plot a single contour line in a temperature field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

This might be a trivial question, but wonder if it is possible to plot a single contour line in a temperature field for instance?

I have a model at a simple stationary 2D pipe flow of a hot fluid flowing through i cold pipe. I would like to find the contour line where the fluid hits a "critical" temperature.

Any tips and tricks?

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post 28 mar 2017, 15:56 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 28 mar 2017, 15:56 GMT-4
Hi Olav,
In the Settings window for you Contour plot, switch the Entry method from "Number of Levels" to "Levels" and then type in the the value you want in the Levels text field.
If you want two or more specific levels, separate them by a space in the Levels text field.
Best,
Jeff
Hi Olav, In the Settings window for you Contour plot, switch the Entry method from "Number of Levels" to "Levels" and then type in the the value you want in the Levels text field. If you want two or more specific levels, separate them by a space in the Levels text field. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.