Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laser Ablation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have an issue since I am very new to this and I want a simulation for my work. I am working with femtosecond laser and I study the ablation phenomenon that takes place on the surface of the materials. Here is what I am trying to do but I do not know how… The laser beam has a Gaussian profile, with a constant repetition rate , power and with a well focused laser spot (all of them with some values that I could change them often). In addition, the laser beam is moving with constant velocity. The thing I am trying to do, is to make a comsol file having all this things ( and the material of course that I change often ) and I want to study the heat flow from the surface to the bulk and the temperature on the surface while the laser beam is moving alongside the surface of the material. Moreover I would like to predict the width and the depth of the ablated area.

1 Reply Last Post 31 mar 2017, 08:18 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 31 mar 2017, 08:18 GMT-4
Hello Vagelis,
This blog on laser ablasion should be a good starting point:
www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-thermal-ablation-for-material-removal/
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Vagelis, This blog on laser ablasion should be a good starting point: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-thermal-ablation-for-material-removal/ Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.