Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Scalar magnetic potential calculating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I have solved MF study and now I have to calculate scalar magnetic potential, but I am not to have a clue how to do it. I have values of vector potential (Ax, Ay, Az) and magnetic flux density (Bx, By, Bz) (attachment 1), but it does not give a complete picture of the characteristics of the field.

I would like to get a result like attachment 2. I tried a lot of ways but neither of these gives exactly what is wanted.

Thank you in advance

1 Reply Last Post 3 apr 2017, 06:29 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 3 apr 2017, 06:29 GMT-4
Scalar magnetic potential could be defined as vector potential line integral with respect to a spatial coordinate, but either I can't correctly define Coefficient Form PDE study or I can't correctly adjust solver because study doesn't converge
Scalar magnetic potential could be defined as vector potential line integral with respect to a spatial coordinate, but either I can't correctly define Coefficient Form PDE study or I can't correctly adjust solver because study doesn't converge

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.