Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Porous material Problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello ,

I have porous material and I want to pass the liquid through it.

Is someone can guide me how can I perform it. any tutorial r advice which physics to apply.

4 Replies Last Post 24 mag 2017, 09:29 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 24 mag 2017, 08:40 GMT-4
Hello Lucas,
Various COMSOL products include interfaces for modeling fluid flow in porous media, see the attached screenshot of the corresponding section of the Specification Chart (www.comsol.com/products/specifications). The first thing I can recommend is that you check that your license includes the needed product for the type of porous media flow you want to analyze. You can check what products are included on your license by going to File > Help > Licensed and Used Products.
If/once you have the right product, you will find background theory and self-training tutorials in the documentation for the product in question and its Application Libraries.
You will also find many useful resources on porous media flow on the website, such as videos (e.g. www.comsol.com/video/modeling-chemical-reactions-transport-porous-media ), blogs (e.g. www.comsol.com/blogs/which-porous-media-and-subsurface-flow-interface-should-i-use/ ) and application examples (e.g. www.comsol.com/models?q=porous%20media%20flow ) that will help you get going.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Lucas, Various COMSOL products include interfaces for modeling fluid flow in porous media, see the attached screenshot of the corresponding section of the Specification Chart (https://www.comsol.com/products/specifications). The first thing I can recommend is that you check that your license includes the needed product for the type of porous media flow you want to analyze. You can check what products are included on your license by going to File > Help > Licensed and Used Products. If/once you have the right product, you will find background theory and self-training tutorials in the documentation for the product in question and its Application Libraries. You will also find many useful resources on porous media flow on the website, such as videos (e.g. https://www.comsol.com/video/modeling-chemical-reactions-transport-porous-media ), blogs (e.g. https://www.comsol.com/blogs/which-porous-media-and-subsurface-flow-interface-should-i-use/ ) and application examples (e.g. https://www.comsol.com/models?q=porous%20media%20flow ) that will help you get going. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 24 mag 2017, 09:15 GMT-4
Thank you jeff for the reply.

Well I have checked and found out that all options under COMSOL Multiphysics and subsurface set are ticked. So I guess all product are accessible.

The video you have forwarded to me is quite interesting. I watched it before as well and try to follow the same way.

unfortunately there are 2 problem arising in it:

1. the CAD Structure I have s highly complex in nature i.e open cell metallic foam. How can I apply BC on it. Shall I create cube around it and perform Boolean.
2. I try to perform the same operation in solid edge and when I imported it, There is problem with meshing, it say aborted.

Could you please tell me how can I overcome this problem.

Kind regards
Lucas
Thank you jeff for the reply. Well I have checked and found out that all options under COMSOL Multiphysics and subsurface set are ticked. So I guess all product are accessible. The video you have forwarded to me is quite interesting. I watched it before as well and try to follow the same way. unfortunately there are 2 problem arising in it: 1. the CAD Structure I have s highly complex in nature i.e open cell metallic foam. How can I apply BC on it. Shall I create cube around it and perform Boolean. 2. I try to perform the same operation in solid edge and when I imported it, There is problem with meshing, it say aborted. Could you please tell me how can I overcome this problem. Kind regards Lucas

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 24 mag 2017, 09:23 GMT-4
Hi Lucas,
I will invite you to contact COMSOL's techncial support team at support@comsol.com so they can be addressed by a subject matter expert.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hi Lucas, I will invite you to contact COMSOL's techncial support team at support@comsol.com so they can be addressed by a subject matter expert. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 24 mag 2017, 09:29 GMT-4
okay, thank you Jeff
okay, thank you Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.