Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving Assembly into a frame of reference

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I'm using version 5.2 and I would like to know if there were anyway to just move my assembly I imported onto the frame of reference in order to set the 0 at the bottom of the entire assembly.
In fact I want to add a mass and a moment of inertia and for that I need coordinate of my center of mass, which I found but problem is that the 0 of my frame of reference is on the middle of one of my piece of assembly and I can't define where exactly on the Z axis. And the value of the center of mass I calculated was with the 0 of the frame at the bottom of assembly also, so i'm stuck.

Another way to act for me, would also be to measure or display the position of the piece on the frame of reference but didn't find how to.

Waiting for your help, Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 29 mag 2017, 06:05 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Edgar Wilfart

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.