Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigenvalue included in boundary condtions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I wish to input lambda into my subdomain and boundary conditions, whilst using the PDE coefficient form.

Does comsol v4.0a allow this feature.

Kind Regard

DE

2 Replies Last Post 14 nov 2014, 22:58 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 feb 2011, 11:50 GMT-5
Hi

what do you really mean by using/entering lambda into your model ?

That one I do not understand, I would need a little more explanations there to be ale to perhaps have an answer ;)
--
Ivar
Hi what do you really mean by using/entering lambda into your model ? That one I do not understand, I would need a little more explanations there to be ale to perhaps have an answer ;) -- Ivar

Posted: 10 years ago 14 nov 2014, 22:58 GMT-5
I suspect he wants to use lambda, which is the in-built variable name for the eigenvalue, in the boundary conditions for an eigenvalue problem. For instance, for the flux/source boundary condition, is it possible to use lambda for q?
I suspect he wants to use lambda, which is the in-built variable name for the eigenvalue, in the boundary conditions for an eigenvalue problem. For instance, for the flux/source boundary condition, is it possible to use lambda for q?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.