Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to implement a parametric sweep with a time dependent study step

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a simple microfluidic transport model, where I simulate laminar flow of water in a microchannel network with transport of a dilute species. I've tried to implement a parametric sweep of one of my inlet flow rates (a parameter named 'Vf' specified at the top left inlet boundary of my geometry) with a time dependent study step. However, every time I run the model I get an error stating that 'Parameter list gives empty sweep'. Strangely, this sweep works if I disable the time dependent step and instead solve for the stationary solution of my laminar flow physics node. I should also add that I'm using two physics modules with this model, solving for the steady state flow profile thought the channel network and solving for the time dependent solution for the concentration profile of a solute traveling through the network from the top-left inlet boundary. I've attached the model. I'd greatly appreciate any help you're able to provide with this.

0 Replies Last Post 1 ago 2017, 10:15 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Phillip Dorsey

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.