Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermal storage tank

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to model a 3D chilled water thermal storage tank using Comsol for an energy of 252000KJ I have done the calculations and found the height and radius of my tank using a temperature difference of 7.
inlet temp: 278k
initial temp: 285k
radius: 0.88m
height:3.52m
for charging the tank in 1hr I found the flow rate as 0.00238m3/s from which I found the radius of my inlet as 0.08m for a volume of 1m/s
if I try to run the simulation with the parameters using conjugate heat transfer laminar flow and time dependent flow after 1hr the temperature does not reach 278 it always caps off at 280 and I have specified to it that the tank is thermally insulated.
Is there any parameter on comsol that restrict the temperature from reaching 278?

0 Replies Last Post 15 ago 2017, 15:09 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nasir Said Galadanci

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.