Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Livelink for Pro-Engineer error: ... PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE ...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I have installed live link for Pro-Engineer 4.0.

On the Comsol model builder right click and Livelink for Pro-Engineer. As i click on synchronize, an error report was appear:

Failed to connect to Pro/ENGINEER.

Please check the PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE environment variable is set correctly before launching COMSOL.

please tell me how to repair this failure.

thanks

regards

4 Replies Last Post 12 ott 2016, 23:12 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 apr 2011, 14:44 GMT-4
Hi,

You need to go My Computer>Right Click>Properties>Advanced System Settings then

Environment Variables and add PRO_COMM_MSG.EXE as variable name and path of file as variable value
which is like C:\Program Files (x86)\proeWildfire 4.0\i486_nt\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe
Place it in system variable section and do a restart.

Unfortunately. I found your message while I was having the same problem. This did not help me but I hope it solves your problem..

System

Hi All,

I have installed live link for Pro-Engineer 4.0.

On the Comsol model builder right click and Livelink for Pro-Engineer. As i click on synchronize, an error report was appear:

Failed to connect to Pro/ENGINEER.

Please check the PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE environment variable is set correctly before launching COMSOL.

please tell me how to repair this failure.

thanks

regards

Hi, You need to go My Computer>Right Click>Properties>Advanced System Settings then Environment Variables and add PRO_COMM_MSG.EXE as variable name and path of file as variable value which is like C:\Program Files (x86)\proeWildfire 4.0\i486_nt\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe Place it in system variable section and do a restart. Unfortunately. I found your message while I was having the same problem. This did not help me but I hope it solves your problem.. System [QUOTE] Hi All, I have installed live link for Pro-Engineer 4.0. On the Comsol model builder right click and Livelink for Pro-Engineer. As i click on synchronize, an error report was appear: Failed to connect to Pro/ENGINEER. Please check the PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE environment variable is set correctly before launching COMSOL. please tell me how to repair this failure. thanks regards [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 giu 2013, 08:41 GMT-4
When you add Environment Variables do not add PRO_COMM_MSG.EXE but PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE this solved it for me.
When you add Environment Variables do not add PRO_COMM_MSG.EXE but PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE this solved it for me.

Posted: 9 years ago 6 dic 2015, 23:37 GMT-5
hey you said " path of file as variable value
which is like C:\Program Files (x86)\proeWildfire 4.0\i486_nt\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe"
please explain how to find this variable value
hey you said " path of file as variable value which is like C:\Program Files (x86)\proeWildfire 4.0\i486_nt\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe" please explain how to find this variable value

Posted: 8 years ago 12 ott 2016, 23:12 GMT-4
hi,
have you solved this promblem at last? I have done everything as they said, but it didn't work.
Could you please tell me how do you solve it.
Thank you~~~
hi, have you solved this promblem at last? I have done everything as they said, but it didn't work. Could you please tell me how do you solve it. Thank you~~~

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.