Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

No shell interface in the structural mechanics module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I don't have shell interface in the structural mechanics module. How can I add it?

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 21 nov 2017, 12:20 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 17 nov 2017, 13:10 GMT-5
Updated: 7 years ago 21 nov 2017, 12:44 GMT-5

You probably think that you have the Structural Mechanics Module because there is a "Structural Mechanics" folder in the Physics page of the Model Wizard. But if you don't have the shell interface, your license does not include the Structural Mechanics Module: what you see listed in "Structural Mechanics" in the Model Wizard are those structural mechanics capabilities that come from your other products, such as the core COMSOL Multiphysics.

It's important to remember that you cannot tell what products are included on your license from looking at the Model Wizard. To determine that, you need to go to File > Used and Licensed Products. Do it and I bet you'll see you don't have the Structural Mechanics Module.

To add the Structural Mechanics Module to your license, contact your friendly COMSOL representative (www.comsol.com/contact ).

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
You probably think that you have the Structural Mechanics Module because there is a "Structural Mechanics" folder in the Physics page of the Model Wizard. But if you don't have the shell interface, your license does not include the Structural Mechanics Module: what you see listed in "Structural Mechanics" in the Model Wizard are those structural mechanics capabilities that come from your other products, such as the core COMSOL Multiphysics. It's important to remember that you cannot tell what products are included on your license from looking at the Model Wizard. To determine that, you need to go to File > Used and Licensed Products. Do it and I bet you'll see you don't have the Structural Mechanics Module. To add the Structural Mechanics Module to your license, contact your friendly COMSOL representative (www.comsol.com/contact ). Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 21 nov 2017, 12:20 GMT-5

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for your clarification.

Kind regards

Hi Jeff, Thank you very much for your clarification. Kind regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.