Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Disk error while reading from temporary solution files

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

version: Comsol 4.1.0.185

when i was making a plot, the following error warning displayed: " Disk error while reading from temporary solution files".

But if i transformed the expression from "max(at(10,T),at(110),T)" to "max(at(80,T),at(110),T)" , everything would be ok.
My project is a transient problem, and i meant to get the maximum temperature from the specified time.
The temporary directory is fixed in E:\ ,and free space on the disk is still sufficient.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

5 Replies Last Post 9 dic 2014, 15:00 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 mar 2011, 17:28 GMT-4
I had the same problem with a simple model and a computer with sufficient RAM and hard drive (32GB ram and 1 TB hard drive).
I had the same problem with a simple model and a computer with sufficient RAM and hard drive (32GB ram and 1 TB hard drive).

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 set 2013, 11:30 GMT-4
I just got the exact same problem for two separate transient CFD problems. On one computer it was running a laminar flow with diffusion in 3D, on the other in was running k-e turbulent flow in 2D axisymmetric. I find it very odd that I can get the same problem on two different machines.
I just got the exact same problem for two separate transient CFD problems. On one computer it was running a laminar flow with diffusion in 3D, on the other in was running k-e turbulent flow in 2D axisymmetric. I find it very odd that I can get the same problem on two different machines.

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 feb 2014, 12:47 GMT-5
I occasionally have the same problem, but thus far, I haven't found any reason for it. It seems to occur randomly, but might be worse in cases where I plot during solving. My only solution is to solve again, which is very aggravating for a long problem. I'm already on a large drive in NTFS, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.
I occasionally have the same problem, but thus far, I haven't found any reason for it. It seems to occur randomly, but might be worse in cases where I plot during solving. My only solution is to solve again, which is very aggravating for a long problem. I'm already on a large drive in NTFS, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

Posted: 10 years ago 9 dic 2014, 03:17 GMT-5
Did you also change the directories for temporary and recovery files? This can be done under File>Preferences>Temporary Files.
Did you also change the directories for temporary and recovery files? This can be done under File>Preferences>Temporary Files.

Posted: 10 years ago 9 dic 2014, 15:00 GMT-5
Yes, that does seem to have helped, strangely enough.
Yes, that does seem to have helped, strangely enough.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.