Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Broken Automatic Geometry Update

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am using parametric geometric optimization with acoustics and therefore the model needs to be updated in every optimization pass. In 2D everything works fine, but in 3D, when the Optimization Solver changes parameters, the geometry is not updated, even though the button "Automatic rebuild" is activated. I need to mention that I'm using interpolation functions and parametric curves utilizing those functions to describe certain shapes. Is there a specific reason why this is not working in 3D (v5.3a)?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply Last Post 20 dic 2017, 03:48 GMT-5
Daniel Bertilsson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 20 dic 2017, 03:48 GMT-5

Dear René,

We are not aware of this problem. Did it work in version 5.3? Please send your mph file to COMSOL support.

Best regards, Daniel Bertilsson COMSOL AB

Dear René, We are not aware of this problem. Did it work in version 5.3? Please send your mph file to COMSOL support. Best regards, Daniel Bertilsson COMSOL AB

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.