Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

failed to evaluate variable jacobian

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am using piezomodule in comsol 4.0a. When performing time domain analysis the above error is being popped. Please help in fixing the problem.
Regards,
John

2 Replies Last Post 1 lug 2011, 01:47 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 apr 2011, 14:24 GMT-4
Hi

there are several possibilities, either missing BC's or more probable in v4.0, the solver sequence is not always updated correctly on the fly, if you change your model and solvers during work, in V4 I noticed that you often need to DELETE the solver sequence fully and regenerate a fresh new one, only annoying thing, you loose also all the Results settings.

This is fixed, or at least far better controlled, in V4.1

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are several possibilities, either missing BC's or more probable in v4.0, the solver sequence is not always updated correctly on the fly, if you change your model and solvers during work, in V4 I noticed that you often need to DELETE the solver sequence fully and regenerate a fresh new one, only annoying thing, you loose also all the Results settings. This is fixed, or at least far better controlled, in V4.1 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 lug 2011, 01:47 GMT-4
So, that means each time you change a setting somewhere you have to go and delete the previous one? I am using v3.4. How do you delete the previous settings?
So, that means each time you change a setting somewhere you have to go and delete the previous one? I am using v3.4. How do you delete the previous settings?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.