Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error messages

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm doing some simulations to compute the magnetic forces
between two magnets. I'm using the parametric sweep mode
as some dimensions of the magnets are parameters.

However, I often have error messages and I don't know why:

* Error in sweep: The following feature has encountered a problem:
- Feature: Compile Equations: Stationary (sol1/st1)
- Error: Internal error in geometry decomposition

* Error in automatic sequence generation:
Internal error in geometry decomposition

* Java heap space error

For example, I'm varying a parameter between 0 and 10 with a step
of 1 and the simulation for the step 3 doesn't work but all the others
work.

Attached you will find the comsol file used (as it is a symmetrical situation, it is
divided along the plan y0z). There are two parametric sweeps
which are enabled for the variables e (between 0 and 10) and delta_l (between 0 and 0.0065).
When I run the simulations, I get an error message and not all the results.
I'm obliged to do other simulations to get the missing results.

If someone could help me in any way whatsoever, I'd be very grateful!!

Regards,

Jimmy

3 Replies Last Post 27 lug 2011, 05:38 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 mag 2011, 01:34 GMT-4
Hi

I do not have access to my COMSOL right now, but that error message means for me that the meshing process is having some issues with the geometry, it cannot correctly anayse it. I would rather take a look at the detail in the geometry, to many small items, complex geoemtry ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not have access to my COMSOL right now, but that error message means for me that the meshing process is having some issues with the geometry, it cannot correctly anayse it. I would rather take a look at the detail in the geometry, to many small items, complex geoemtry ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 mag 2011, 12:49 GMT-4
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
In my model, the geometry is really simple (two small cylinders (one with a hole) in a big cylider).
I put a tetrahedral meshing: normal size with two refinements in order to be accurate enough
but I'm going to try with coarser meshing to see if it changes something.

Sincerely,

julien
Hi, Thank you for your answer. In my model, the geometry is really simple (two small cylinders (one with a hole) in a big cylider). I put a tetrahedral meshing: normal size with two refinements in order to be accurate enough but I'm going to try with coarser meshing to see if it changes something. Sincerely, julien

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 lug 2011, 05:38 GMT-4
ok
ok

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.