Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cannot save after simulaion - Error = End of File Reached

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am having trouble saving my simulations when they have finshed. I am getting the error message:

"End of File Reached. - File block size: 59625584"

Also, when I try to plot and/or export the data, some of the time steps seem to be missing. Usually, it is the first time steps as the results from the end of the simulation are still visible.

Any ideas?

2 Replies Last Post 6 lug 2018, 09:46 GMT-4

Posted: 6 years ago 5 lug 2018, 23:33 GMT-4

Hi,

Have you tried clearing all the Temp file that Comsol makes ? In the Temp folder. You can save pretty big files, up to 6 Go, but if you do "clear solutions" it reduces it a lot.

For the other problem, does it happen when you increase your steps ? If so, I would check that when you export all the steps are really taken into account. It happens that when I increase a sweep from a simulation to another, and when I export the data, even though I select all the data, I had to manually clicked on the rest to be selected too in the little box below.

François

Hi, Have you tried clearing all the Temp file that Comsol makes ? In the Temp folder. You can save pretty big files, up to 6 Go, but if you do "clear solutions" it reduces it a lot. For the other problem, does it happen when you increase your steps ? If so, I would check that when you export all the steps are really taken into account. It happens that when I increase a sweep from a simulation to another, and when I export the data, even though I select all the data, I had to manually clicked on the rest to be selected too in the little box below. François

Posted: 6 years ago 6 lug 2018, 09:46 GMT-4

I need to save the complete solution so clearing the solution doesn't help me. I did however delete all of the temp files so tha the only ones present were for one simulation, and that didn't seem to help.

Manual selection of the data doesn't work. It still cannot expert the missing time values. I can select a subset of time values (usually from the end of the simulation) and export those. However, I get an error message if I try to export the missing time values.

I need to save the complete solution so clearing the solution doesn't help me. I did however delete all of the temp files so tha the only ones present were for one simulation, and that didn't seem to help. Manual selection of the data doesn't work. It still cannot expert the missing time values. I can select a subset of time values (usually from the end of the simulation) and export those. However, I get an error message if I try to export the missing time values.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.