Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to plot a variable depending on both position and time in 3D surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a 2D model. some variables are both depending on time and x-position. I want to do a surface plot for these variables and I could do it in 3.5. but can I use COMSOL 4.1 to do this?

Thanks very much

1 Reply Last Post 31 mag 2011, 01:17 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mag 2011, 01:17 GMT-4
Hi

the Results node is indeed different from 3.5. But it's "just" a new way and I find now, easier and more powerful to use. Check the doc again and do some of the examples.

A plot is normally done for (x,y,z) as a surface plot on a 3D Plot node, or for (x,y) a surface plot on a 2D Plot node. The time is defined ont he main plot node

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the Results node is indeed different from 3.5. But it's "just" a new way and I find now, easier and more powerful to use. Check the doc again and do some of the examples. A plot is normally done for (x,y,z) as a surface plot on a 3D Plot node, or for (x,y) a surface plot on a 2D Plot node. The time is defined ont he main plot node -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.