Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

voltage and frequency relation??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

sir,
I am very new to COMSOL,
I am using comsol version 3.5

I am trying to simulate a model which has no other external loads except for the voltage. I would like to calculate the frequency of the system across different voltages, Can some one please tell me how to model such a system?
I have defined all the oundary conditions and when i used the parametric solver it is only giving me the deflection and stresses for the voltage applied but when i am using eigen frequency analysis, I am getting the error.

Some one please direct me, and help me in solving this prob
Hoping a reply very soon :)
Thanks
R Abhishek

1 Reply Last Post 1 giu 2011, 01:30 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 giu 2011, 01:30 GMT-4
Hi

i believe you must explain a little more: which application mode ? (which physics) ? ...

If you do an eigenfrequency in structural you will get the modes, but these are not related to any voltage (at least not if you do not couple amny physics such as ACDC for back EMF damping etc ...

if you have a MEMS device you "drive" with a voltage and you have a varying voltage, you should consider the transient or the frequency sweep (harmonic development of the equations)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi i believe you must explain a little more: which application mode ? (which physics) ? ... If you do an eigenfrequency in structural you will get the modes, but these are not related to any voltage (at least not if you do not couple amny physics such as ACDC for back EMF damping etc ... if you have a MEMS device you "drive" with a voltage and you have a varying voltage, you should consider the transient or the frequency sweep (harmonic development of the equations) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.