Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

hollow core photonic crystal fiber using comsol multiphysics.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

dear collegues,

Iam simulating HC-PCF using comsol based on hybrid modewaves operated at free sace wavelength 1500nm in IR region. Iam unable to confine light through hollow core.
please give me a solution for which I will be grateful to you

thanks for your attention

sneha

10 Replies Last Post 16 apr 2016, 12:39 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 giu 2011, 13:21 GMT-4

What type of simulation are you running? Eigenmodes? Frequency Domain? Time dependent?
What type of simulation are you running? Eigenmodes? Frequency Domain? Time dependent?

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 lug 2011, 12:17 GMT-4
Thank you for immediate response.
sir, actually iam running my file eigenmodes. here with iam attaching drawing and specifications of my pcf
please give a solution.

sincerely,
latha.g
Thank you for immediate response. sir, actually iam running my file eigenmodes. here with iam attaching drawing and specifications of my pcf please give a solution. sincerely, latha.g

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 ago 2011, 17:36 GMT-4
Hi,

Did you figure it out? I had a similar issue. If you've known the solution, please help me!

Best,

Leo
Hi, Did you figure it out? I had a similar issue. If you've known the solution, please help me! Best, Leo

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 ago 2011, 15:54 GMT-4

Sorry, I've been off of COMSOL with license server issues for several weeks.

If you can send me the .mph I will have a look at it.
Sorry, I've been off of COMSOL with license server issues for several weeks. If you can send me the .mph I will have a look at it.

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 ago 2011, 17:20 GMT-4
Hi,

Here is the .mph file. I also attached the reference. Thanks!

Best,

Leo
Hi, Here is the .mph file. I also attached the reference. Thanks! Best, Leo

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 ago 2011, 18:21 GMT-4

What sort of problem did you encounter when running the simulation?
What sort of problem did you encounter when running the simulation?

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 ago 2011, 18:25 GMT-4
When I try the mode analysis, it shows error. And when I tried the eigen value study, I cannot find the confined mode. Thanks!
When I try the mode analysis, it shows error. And when I tried the eigen value study, I cannot find the confined mode. Thanks!

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 mag 2013, 12:54 GMT-4
SIR ,
sorry for the late reply. Actually I have simulated my sold core pcf long back using old comsol version.I hope you might have forgotten the request i sent very long back. sir, here with I have attached my pcf.mph for your notice.

Thank you
SIR , sorry for the late reply. Actually I have simulated my sold core pcf long back using old comsol version.I hope you might have forgotten the request i sent very long back. sir, here with I have attached my pcf.mph for your notice. Thank you

Posted: 8 years ago 10 apr 2016, 16:20 GMT-4
Would u mind sharing that correct file again??
I can't open it. Your file will help me a lot for my thesis.
Pls help me
Version 4.4 and 5.1
Thanks
Would u mind sharing that correct file again?? I can't open it. Your file will help me a lot for my thesis. Pls help me Version 4.4 and 5.1 Thanks

Posted: 8 years ago 16 apr 2016, 12:39 GMT-4

@G. Latha

Do you remember how you got around this problem ? I dont find the confined modes too.
[QUOTE] When I try the mode analysis, it shows error. And when I tried the eigen value study, I cannot find the confined mode. Thanks! [/QUOTE] @G. Latha Do you remember how you got around this problem ? I dont find the confined modes too.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.