Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Font size in graphs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to increase size of tick labels on axes to publish graph in article. Standard 9pt font size is too small.

In 2D image report I changed font size to 25 but it only enlarge title of the graph.

I tried to increase font size also in Options-Preferences-Graphics to 25 but it seems that it change default font size when I create another image in report.

Is there possibility to change font size of axes, legened, etc.?

5 Replies Last Post 28 set 2012, 03:04 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jakub Zlamal

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 gen 2012, 05:39 GMT-5
Hello,

I know this question was posted long ago, but just in case someone need to change the font size of a plot.

I have found a way to change the font size of plots (which is often too small by default for most of presentation pourposes), here it is :

1) Go to Postprocessing/Plot parameters

2) In the "general" tab, pick "plot in" "New figure" or " "Figure X", it will open a figure window for your plot.

3) In this new window there is an "Edit plot" button where you can change the font.

Hello, I know this question was posted long ago, but just in case someone need to change the font size of a plot. I have found a way to change the font size of plots (which is often too small by default for most of presentation pourposes), here it is : 1) Go to Postprocessing/Plot parameters 2) In the "general" tab, pick "plot in" "New figure" or " "Figure X", it will open a figure window for your plot. 3) In this new window there is an "Edit plot" button where you can change the font.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 gen 2012, 10:20 GMT-5
Hi

rather change the PLOT Image Snapshot resolution from 96 DPI to 192 DPI or even higher (this works in v4)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi rather change the PLOT Image Snapshot resolution from 96 DPI to 192 DPI or even higher (this works in v4) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 giu 2012, 13:50 GMT-4
Yes, changing resolution dpi does indeed change the font size, but I want to control both. I changed the plot Image Snapshot Resolution from 96 dpi to 300, which then makes the plot dimensions too small. I changed the width and height (preserving the aspect ratio), and got a plot that looks good, but the font size of the axis labels etc. is too big. On the right of the Image Snapshot screen, under Layout, is "Font size", but changing this has no effect on my exported plot.
Any ideas why this doesn't seem to work?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe
Yes, changing resolution dpi does indeed change the font size, but I want to control both. I changed the plot Image Snapshot Resolution from 96 dpi to 300, which then makes the plot dimensions too small. I changed the width and height (preserving the aspect ratio), and got a plot that looks good, but the font size of the axis labels etc. is too big. On the right of the Image Snapshot screen, under Layout, is "Font size", but changing this has no effect on my exported plot. Any ideas why this doesn't seem to work? Any suggestions? Thanks, Joe

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 set 2012, 22:20 GMT-4

Hi

rather change the PLOT Image Snapshot resolution from 96 DPI to 192 DPI or even higher (this works in v4)

--
Good luck
Ivar

Thank you Ivar for hint
I guess I need special course in post-processing from Comsol to make figures look normal or most likely this issue will be fixed in Comsol v5 :)
[QUOTE] Hi rather change the PLOT Image Snapshot resolution from 96 DPI to 192 DPI or even higher (this works in v4) -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Thank you Ivar for hint I guess I need special course in post-processing from Comsol to make figures look normal or most likely this issue will be fixed in Comsol v5 :)

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 set 2012, 03:04 GMT-4
Exporting the data to excel, then calculations and different plots from different studies can be set up in one graph.
Exporting the data to excel, then calculations and different plots from different studies can be set up in one graph.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.