Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving mesh method to simulate laser material interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working on the laser material interaction using moving mesh method. I want to study the effects of recoil pressure and other forces (normal and tangential surface forces ) acting on the surface of molten liquid formed due to laser heating. I have attached my model for your reference. It does not execute properly. am trying to simulate similar to the given link which is a paper submitted in comsol conference 2015 in Pune. I have attached my model file for your reference.

www.comsol.de/paper/a-study-on...yag-laser-drilling-of-ti-30041

As reported in many works, I am considering only liquid material in the single domain which can be made to acts as solid by changing its viscosity to 100 Pa.s below the melting point. However, it is not converging and not even moving the liquid interface. I appreciate any help on this.

0 Replies Last Post 27 set 2018, 19:05 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mangesh Pantawane

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.