Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Relative error exceeding tolerance in periodic structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am building a hexagonal periodic structure excited by an incident plane wave using the Comsol RF module, which I am attempting to simulate through a series of parametric sweeps. Unfortunately, as the sweep progresses, the simulation will fail with a "relative error greater than tolerance" error. From reading similar topics on this forum, it seems that this is a boundary condition issue. However, as far as i can tell, all the outer surfaces of my model already have boundary conditions defined. If the sweep in the attached file is run, the simulation will fail at Side=155nm and Height=160nm. Is there anything I have been doing wrong in setting up this file?

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 5 ott 2018, 11:49 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Johnathan Yik

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.