Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to add a sine source for current transformer modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Greetings,

I've been trying to model a current transformer but I'm unable to add an AC source to the model to simulate the behavior of alternating current on a wire and its magnetic effect on the transformer itself. I've already tried using the electrical circuit Physics model (which apparently only works on 2-D geometries) as well as the Frequency Domain analysis to apply this condition but so far I haven't had much success. I would really appreciate if anyone could provide any clue about the subject.

Thank you.

Jorge Benavides Aspiazu

3 Replies Last Post 31 mar 2014, 14:25 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 set 2011, 05:30 GMT-4
Hi

the frequency domain is a harmonic development of "sine sources", you define the amplitude (and the phase) and off you go.

If you want a transient solution you need a transient solver, but the standard ACDC hypothesis is that all effects are "instantaneous"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the frequency domain is a harmonic development of "sine sources", you define the amplitude (and the phase) and off you go. If you want a transient solution you need a transient solver, but the standard ACDC hypothesis is that all effects are "instantaneous" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 set 2011, 13:58 GMT-4
Thank you for the help, but could you elaborate a little more on the matter? and is there a way to run this simulation I'm attempting to make?
Thank you for the help, but could you elaborate a little more on the matter? and is there a way to run this simulation I'm attempting to make?

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mar 2014, 14:25 GMT-4
Help needed in designing three phase transformer for stray losses reduction purpose.

I have just started using the COMSOL software and i am not very much familiar with its work like you.
I have studied all the documents regarding how to build a 3D model of transformer in COMSOL but it is giving me problems and errors in making. I dont know where i am getting wrong. I would be grateful if you can help me out here.
Yes i am a newbie in this but i have given my best try in these 2 days. Read all, went step by step, searched on net still i am not being able to develop a full model. If you can then help me out here to make a 3D model of 3-phase transformer.
Waiting for anyone's response.
Mail id: jaydeepparsana@gmail.com
Help needed in designing three phase transformer for stray losses reduction purpose. I have just started using the COMSOL software and i am not very much familiar with its work like you. I have studied all the documents regarding how to build a 3D model of transformer in COMSOL but it is giving me problems and errors in making. I dont know where i am getting wrong. I would be grateful if you can help me out here. Yes i am a newbie in this but i have given my best try in these 2 days. Read all, went step by step, searched on net still i am not being able to develop a full model. If you can then help me out here to make a 3D model of 3-phase transformer. Waiting for anyone's response. Mail id: jaydeepparsana@gmail.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.